An easy rice salad
We had this salad the first time in Australia when Wills mum cooked dinner for us. We really liked its freshness and crunchiness as there is lots of raw veg in it and also that it is a great salad to have for leftovers. It is basically al dente rice with whatever fresh veggies you have available which is why we find it so easy to make for dinner as well when we don't really know what to make. However below you can find the version we like to make best.
Tip: Avoid grating the beetroot or carrot as they can turn the salad soggy and can discolour the rice!
- 1,5 cups of wild or brown rice
- 3 medium size carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium beetroots, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped into 1-2cm pieces
- 1 jar of pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 medium glass of artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of flat-leave parsley, roughly chopped
- Dressing: (Maldon) sea salt & black pepper, (use the best you have) Olive oil & juice of 1 lemon
Cook the rice al dente (yay for rice cookers). Chop up all your other ingredients and put into a bowl. Dress and season the salad to taste....
...we told you, it's easy :)